Saturday 23 March 2013

WALKING ON THE MOON

AIRFIX HO/OO ASTRONAUTS


Even though I bought a fair share of HO/OO, 1/72 and 1/76
in my younger model making days, 1978 - 83, I was never
really too mad about those scales, but in saying that they are ideal
scales for large projects and dioramas. I do not have any more stuff in
such scales now except these Astronauts. I stumbled across them last year
again from a box in storage and feeling slightly sorry for them I decided
to paint them and photograph them, so here they are in all their
glory, an 1980 pack of spacemen!

Giant steps are what you take, walking on the moon!

Moon Rover!

Take me across town!

Help! I'm lost!

Let's make a Space Movie!

Space Hopper!

I think I found something here!

Time for a moon picnic!

One small step...

MISSION DATA
These photographs were taken with a Panasonic Lumix
digital camera. To make the 'lunar' setting, a few shovels of sea sand 
were placed on top of a black PVC refuse bag. A black bed sheet was put in the
background and then the figures were put in place. The lights were turned
off and a large flashlight was used overhead, shining directly down
to create sun shining on the surface of the moon. This gave excellent 
blackness behind the sand and then I took the shots!

WALKING ON THE MOON
I used these figures in a stop motion film 
which can be viewed on you tube.

The URL is here:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/KRAZEEIZATION?feature=mhee

A collection of stills from the film.


















No comments:

Post a Comment