Thursday 12 July 2012

AIRFIX ALTERNATIVE GERMAN FORCES!


AFRIKA KORPS PAINTED AS HEER INFANTRY

The Afrika Korps set is ideal for this and a nice project for you 
to get your teeth into. You can find colour schemes on the web for 
most divisions and units and choose your own subject! They can be 
mixed with other German regiments for greater effect!

Regular Heer in Field Grey

Regular Heer in Field Green Tunic 
with Field Grey Trousers

When combined with the other set they 
become a more relentless enemy!

The Ultimate Airfix Mix 'N' Match #1!

A closer look! 
In Field Grey

A closer look! 
In Field Green with Field Grey trousers and cap

Heer Infantry in Dark Grey

Hauptmann in Dark Grey
This is one of the best Airfix poses ever!
I added red strips to the trouser legs!

Mountain Troops as late war infantry

Here we have some Mountain Troops in Field Grey
I painted the cooling slots on the MG42 to make it
more realistic! The stand is lost! 

One from each set!



THE ELITE!
This DAK soldier had no gun-tip on his machine pistol. I had a bright idea! 
Why not turn him into an elite troop? I tried to paint the camouflage as close 
to P-Dot as I could, but let me tell you it's very hard! I had to settle for this!
I had a Timpo MG42 hanging around, did a bit of surgery and here he is, 
a relentless enemy! I won't be doing too many of these in a hurry!

I'm still no Michael Angelo when it comes to cammo
but he still looks good I reckon!

He would look better leaning the MG on a barrel.

Three figures from the Mountain Troops
in cammo jackets and caps!

The Mountain Troops as SS Troops

The Last Stand of The Third Reich!

The Ultimate Airfix Mix 'N' Match #2!

S.S. Troops

S.S. Troops

S.S. Troops

Stormtroops

S.S. Troops

Hitler's own SA Sturmabteilung

Waffen S.S. Troops

Sniper in cammo!










No comments:

Post a Comment