Thursday 12 July 2012

AIRFIX CLONES!


AIRFIX CLONES
A look at the copycats!
Over the years there must have been more Chinese copies 
produced than Airfix produced themselves. Every toy shop
from here to Timbuktu has them on their shelves. 
Here is a look at some of the banditos!

British 8th Army. Slightly smaller and poor quality!

British Paratroops with Russian-style helmets!
The guy on the right has an almost identical pose as the 
British Commandos charging man! Bizarre and again 
slightly smaller!

U.S. Paratroops. Slightly smaller, full of flashing, 
but at least you get the shot man!

Japanese Infantry. Just look at the machine bipod, nasty!
The marching soldier's rifle looks like wood!

Japanese Infantry. The marching man's rifle is comical!

German Infantry. Another poor plastic copy!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am Jacob from Indonesia. I like toy soldiers, still keep the soldiers from my chilhood era (1980s). I have several set of Airfix and need some Matchbox also, but the originals versions are very expensive. How can I get the Airfix or Matchbox clones? Do you have any relatives who sell them? Or if not, I must buy the original Airifx, hope in not too expensive price plus shipping cost.
    By the way, I have several German Infantry Airfix clones and the quality is not too bad.

    ReplyDelete